Do you possess experience in and a deep understanding of public relations? Stellar written and verbal communication skills? Previous experience in the food service industry? Are you interested in a position framed within a flexible six-month to one-year window?
Bigfish is looking for a contract-based Public Relations Manager to take responsibility for building and maintaining a positive image primarily for an important client in the fast-casual restaurant vertical. Someone who will be in charge of establishing and growing relationships with customers, communities, employees, prospects and others by writing and distributing content through press releases, pitches, social media and the client’s blog, while proactively engaging their contacts in the media.
Above all, someone who can think on their feet, interact smoothly with smart teams, both on the client and Bigfish side of the engagement, and react quickly to events as they unfold.
It’s also an opportunity to develop a relationship with the Bigfish team. This is a shorter term commitment, but people who work with Bigfish often latch on—we’re a friendly bunch.
- Responding to requests for information from members of the media
- Proactively pitching publications, including top-tier, industry and regional outlets
- Helping establish thought leadership in the vertical
- Promoting client brands and services
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups
- Writing press releases and other media communications
- Managing client social media platform(s) and contributing to client blog(s)
- Supporting client objectives and developing PR strategies that effectively steer public opinion
- 3 years’ minimum experience in PR
- A solid network of media contacts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (with examples of the former)
- Proven ability to pitch to media
- Creative and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives
- Deadline-oriented approach with amazing follow-up and reporting skills
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional media outlets
- Understanding of social media and experience working with bloggers/influencers
- Responding under pressure within strict time limits
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, PR, marketing or a related field
The Bigfish office is in Old Town Scottsdale, conveniently located adjacent to the Coach House—please apply through our website.